Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 14 Work

One new piece I started, inspired by painting tartan:

This is pencil on tracing paper, traced from an image I found online of my family crest (top) and coat of arms (bottom) with some cool embellishments.  The plan is to trace it in pen on a separate layer of tracing paper and to possibly add some kind of coloured layer, possibly even dyed fabric, and then display it in a square frame.

This week, however, has mostly been about getting everything finished up for submission to the gallery, so I'm still working on finishing the large portrait:

I just have a bit of skin left, some highlights on the table, and her hair.  This week I repainted sections of the "environment" out the window, finished the plaid, repainted the chairs, and started to go over her skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment