Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 14 Inspiration

This is the image I traced of my family crest; the artist is unknown, but there are several renditions of this floating around the internet and this one happens to be my favourite.
I actually came across this image a good year or so ago, because this is something I'm thinking about possible adapting into a tattoo. 

I was having trouble shading my figure's skin in my portrait, so I started looking around for some examples.  I like how this painter treated the background, too. This is by a Russian painter named Vladimir Volegov.


 I also found this painted silk scarf and think I would like to try doing something like this, if I can ever get my hands on 100% silk.  I had thought about using the material, but I like the line quality and colour treatment on this piece, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment