Friday, January 24, 2014

Week 1 Work

I started to experiment with basic shapes digitally, thinking about how the design would be tiled when it would be set up to print on fabric:


I also began an attempt to build a tartan digitally without the aid of weaving software (It's still in a very basic stage):


  Tartans are something I have become familiar with through my heritage but building them is something I have little experience with.  I also built one digitally using weaving software to experiment with some colours and line quality:


Although these exercises kept to very geometric, simple, and digitally generated shapes, I am also very drawn to floral and scrollwork prints and would like to design some patterns in those styles.  I began sketching natural elements by hand on a drawing pad and plan on tracing them digitally as vectors and applying colour digitally:


No comments:

Post a Comment